Monday, 1 October 2012


Arre listen
I’m telling you,
That despite all its hype and hopes
This being in love thing is severely overrated.
And (as someone who thankfully has never engaged
In this rather asinine and quite frankly adolescent activity)
We should put a stop to it.

We should start a movement,
On Twitter and Facebook 
And whatever else they’re calling ‘social media’ these days,
Informing people, ‘No, don’t fall
Into love, or anything else, but Love especially.
If you should fall, fall asleep,
So that when you wake up it all seems like a dream.’

We should organise riots,
Form us a political party
‘The Anti-Love Movement’, we could call ourselves
We’d certainly get seats in Parliament
Even though our main votebank is
Under the legal voting age.

And then, we could let our institutions
Be taken over by vested interest groups
Corporations peddling anti-love perfume
And anti-love anti-greeting cards
Who would lobby on their behalf
(So anti-love would become love)
But at least everyone would agree
Love is pretty damn irritating,
And thank God we got rid of it.

5 comments:

Shiromi * said...

Haha. Touche.
You remind me of my ex :P

s said...

Ayyo.

Is this a good thing?

Shiromi * said...

It's well written, yes.
Just wish you didn't love to hate love as much as him. It pretty much blew my world apart at one point.

s said...

Your comment is the only reason I wrote my next poem :P

Well, I had a four word draft of it in my documents forever, but your comment made me finish the entire thing.

Shiromi * said...

I'm glad.