Tuesday, 23 March 2010

I like rhyming

I like rhyming words with words,
It’s fun and entertaining too,
It’s not just for lit’rary nerds
Or just people feeling blue

I like making words say things
They would not never, ever say
Give them fingers and not wings,
Show them work, and not play

I like grammar that’s strangely twisted,
Not killed or mugged but Doctor Who-ed
Phrases only slightly misted
Not mangled by an insane prude

I like phrases that make me think
‘Your author is a genius cool’
They wrap 'round me like fur of mink
And inspire a feckless ugly drool

I like poems that seem crazy,
Lewis Carroll and Ogden Nash
Are my heroes, though I’m lazy
And so my poems read like trash.

I like rhyming words with words,
It’s fun and entertaining too
If you don’t like it, I think you’re turds
You belong back in the loo.

No comments: